We love reader submissions! Sue Finn sent us this of reasons to play pickleball written by one of the newest players in Mason City, Iowa. Enjoy!
Today was my 14th time playing pickleball. But who's counting?
My 14 Reasons for Playing:
- Everyone knows my name (kinda feel like Norm on Cheers)
- Developing hand/eye coordination
- Developing buns of steel (just trust me on that one)
- I get to wear my sporty outfits unlike the basketball players after us at noon at the YMCA (shirts and skins)
- Working on math skills by keeping that crazy scoring going
- Looking forward to the day I get asked to play at 3:00 on Sunday with the big guns
- Keeping the ol' joints flexible at age 64!
- Getting called a pickleball junkie by my husband
- Thriving on making my mind work faster to return fast balls
- Bantering with fellow players endlessly
- Realizing that I am getting involved in something where there are no limits as to how good we might become with effort and practice
- Learning from watching videos of pickleball tutorials and then employing those skills
- Learning a new vocabulary
- Laughing at myself
Do you agree with these reasons for playing? What would your list look like?